Sunday 9 August 2015

The Festival of Quilts August 2015

I travelled down to to the NEC early on Thurday morning with my shopping list in my hand and hoping to see some beautiful and interesting quilts. 
I was not disappointed but I had never seen the queues so long. To enter I had to join a queue which snaked all around the floor for about 15mins before I could get in! There were also queues at many of the stalls in order to pay!
I got everything on my list and here are just a few of the quilts pictured below.














 As I was wandering around, who did I bump into but Mary ready for action with her steward's sash and white gloves.

The Festival of quilts is always worth a visit both for the ideas it generates and picking up things to buy that are not easy to get at home. It was a good day but very tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment